Old DGAR Complex Nongrimmaw Laitumkhrah, Shillong-793011
No PAO/AR/Bill/12-13/ 002 Dated 23-04-2012
All DDO under PAO (AR)
Subject: - Payment to suppliers etc. above Rs. 25000 by Govt Departments through e-Payment from 1st April 2012
(1) As per the guideline received from Ministry of Finance all payments to private parties such as suppliers, contractors etc above Rs 25,000/- are to be made through only payment advices including electronically signed payment advices vide MoF letter No 1(1)/2011/TA/291 dated 31st March 2012.
(2) In view of the above instructions it has been decided that all party payments above Rs. 25,000/- henceforth will be disbursed only to the bank account of party concerned via ePayment/direct credit to bank account.
3) Wide publicity may please be given to the advantage of ePayment and all concerned may be advised to draw payments irrespective of amount through ePayment.
(4) When payment is desired by direct credit to the bank account separate bills should be prepared by the DDO and the following should be clearly indicated on the top of the bills “Payment by direct credit to bank account through ECS, NEFT, RTGS etc” (Rule 33(x) of Receipt Payment Rule)
(5) All DDO’s in due course of time will be given access to the ePayment web site so that the status of bill can be tracked at the DDO level.
(6) Guidelines for preparation of bill for ePayment is attached as annexure
(7) This issues with the approval of CA (NE) and Financial Controller AR
Sd – XX XX XX
PAO Assam Rifles
Guidelines for preparation of bills for ePayment/ECS/NEFT/RTGS payment
(1) The bills for ePayment should not be clubbed with cash payment desired in favour of DDO or payment through demand draft. An ePayment bill can have multiple payee but all of them should be payable through ePayment.
(2) The mandate from for receiving the payment though ePayment is to be submitted only once with the first bill submitted by the vendor to a particular DDO and in all future bill mentioning of the account number detail on the bill pad will be sufficient. The mandate form should be filled up as per the instruction given below.
(3) The ePayment detail form is to be filled up by the DDO and is to be submitted along with every bill as per the instruction given bleow.
Instruction for filling up Mandate form
(a) The form is to be filled up by the payee in BLOCK LETTERS
(b) All the fields marked with * are mandatory
(c) The form after being filled up should be presented to bank concerned for counter signature. Mandate form without countersignature of the bank will not be considered for payment.
(d) A Photocopy of cheque / cancelled cheque should be attached with the mandate form.
(e) 0(Zero) and O(alphabet O), 1(One) and I(alphabet I) should be properly distinguished and legible to avoid wrong payment.
(f) The mandate form should be in A4 size paper only with sufficient space on left side so that the records can be filed properly for future reference.
Instructions for filling up ePayment form
(a) This form is to be filled up by DDO with every bill for which ePayment is desired
(b) Only one character is to be entered in the boxes provided for entering RTGS code and bank account number.
(c) All columns are mandatory
(d) The form should be countersigned by DDO